miércoles, 16 de abril de 2008

I need to do my homework

So instead I'm going to post on my blog. Yeah.

The movie that I saw was really fantastic. It's called The Counterfeiters and it just won the Oscar for best foreign film. It's about the Holocaust, so it's really intense, but it's totally worth the time and money if you get the chance to see it. Also, Spanish movie theaters are different from ones in the US. They're bigger, have assigned seats (like your seat number is on your ticket), and aren't really big on concession stands/snacking during the movie. They are big on dubbing though. It's basically a carry-over from the Franco dictatorship when dubbing was used as a way of censoring foreign films. So I watched an Austrian movie dubbed in Spanish that just won an American award. It was a pretty multi-cultural experience.

We leave Friday morning for País Vasco. I wish we were going now because I just don't want to do my work. It was a beautiful, sunny, 70 degree day, which is the perfect way to kill all motivation, especially when you know that the entire next week is going to be rainy and gray and involve 3 exams and 2 writing assignments. Not that i can complain. I never have any work. It's just unfortunate that it all fell at the same time.

In other news, Spaniards don't really go around the house barefoot. I was walking around the apartment without shoes or socks and Pepita told me I was going to catch a cold. I know I'm not a doctor, nurse, or other qualified medical expert, but I'm pretty sure that's not true. She and Luis always wear shoes or slippers around the house.

I've been taking a lot of naps recently. Pepita thought I was sick or unhappy. The truth is I just love sleep so much. It's a beautiful thing. I want to import siesta to the US.

No hay comentarios: