sábado, 17 de mayo de 2008

I can't think of a good title

So it's been another fun and busy week in Madrid. Lots of fun/funny/ridiculous things have happened this week, so i don't even know where to begin. I suppose I'll take up where the last post left off.

Last saturday was a program-sponsored trip to Ávila. Program trips are usually really cool. This one was not. It was rainy and cold and we walked outside a lot. I think our program director wanted to punish us or something. It was bad. I think one of he best parts of that day was getting back to my apartment, changing into dry clothes, and crawling into my warm bed.

So needless to say, after visiting Ávila I was pretty tired. I slept in until 1 or so the next morning and spent some time catching up on american tv shows online. When I emerged from my room around 2:30, I saw that the dining room table was nicely set, but for way more than 3 people. Still in my pajamas, I went to ask Pepita if we were having company for lunch. Oh boy were we having company. 12 people. Her whole family. I ran to take a shower, but wasn't quite fast enough, and met her oldest daughter for the first time while I was still standing in my towel. I think it was a really good way to represent both myself and my country. Once I was actually dressed and not running around like a crazy person, lunch was really great. It was really cool to meet the whole family, and see them all joking and laughing and eating together. It reminded me a lot of my family :) Then after lunch I went with a few people from the program to see an exposition about the sunken treasures of Egypt. It was cool, but a little long.

Monday we didn't have school, so it was automatically a pretty good day. But on top of not having classes, I went with Rachel and Annie to see a musical, Hoy No Me Puedo Levantar. It's about these 2 guys who move to Madrid during the early 80s to form a band and make it big. It's AWESOME. We're all a little obsessed, and may have to go see it again.

Thursday was my last day of CEH classes (the ones with other Americans), so I'm now down to only one class, and I have a final monday and another tuesday. It's going to be so nice to have so much free time for my last 3 weeks. I'll only have to go out to Getafe 2 or 3 times a week now, and i can spend the rest of my time continuing to explore Madrid or revisiting things like the Reina Sofía. Oh, thursday was also San isidro, a holiday in Madrid, so there was lots of cool stuff going on that day and night, including fireworks in Retiro. It was also the birthday of one of the guys on the program, so we had to go out and celebrate all these good things.

So yeah, life's still pretty great, even with finals.

No hay comentarios: