domingo, 1 de junio de 2008

¡Me cago en tu puta madre!

This is possibly one of my favorite spanish expressions ever. Translated literally, it means "I shit on your whore mother!" It's along the lines of a hearty "fuck you" in English. I wish I had learned this expression much sooner so I could use it all the time. All. The. Time.

But when I'm not learning vulgar Spanish phrases I'm visiting, buying, and eating as much of Spain as I can. I am trying to make myself and my bags weigh as much as humanly possible so that I can be charged an obscene amount of money by Iberia Airlines when I return home in, holy crap, one week! The thought of packing makes me a little nauseous, so I'm going to avoid that topic for right now. But yeah. The countdown's at one week. I have now gotten past the denial part, and realize that I will in fact be in the U.S. one week from today. I'm really excited to see everybody and be back in the States, but I'm also pretty sad to be leaving Spain. It'll be interesting to say the least.

OK, something less sad- we went kayaking yesterday!! It was beautiful, we went on this really calm river that cuts through a canyon and has tons of birds (mostly big vultures, but some eagles too), and flowers growing in the cracks in the rocks, and is just breathtaking. Then, once we were all good and exhausted and hungry, we went for a typical program-style lunch with obscene amounts of food. It was so so so so good. So good. Oh god. I love food. Almost as much as I love sleep. And that's saying a lot.

I have my last final tuesday, and after that it's vacation time, although I don't think its possible to take a vacation from a vacation. But dammit I sure am gonna try.

No hay comentarios: