miércoles, 12 de marzo de 2008

Is it spring break yet?

So I took my two exams. I studied really hard and they still just blew me away. Fortunately I have a date to go shoe shopping with Annie tomorrow. If I'm gonna fuck up my grades, I'm at least gonna rock some killer footwear. Yeah.

Aside from destroying my GPA, it's been a pretty good week so far. Monday I went out to luch with Annie and one of her friends to this Asturian restaurant (Asturia is one of the regions in spain) where you can get a whole roast chicken and a bottle of cider for under 10 euros. While pretty much all the food here is phenomenal, it's almost never cheap. Last night after I finished studying I went out to this cozy little bar with Rachel and one of her friends from vassar who's visiting now, then popped over to Café Populart, which may have become my favorite jazz/blues club in madrid. Last night they had a great blues band with a guitarist, bassist, drummer, and harmonica player (harmonicist?). And the guitarist sang in English. Sometimes it's really nice to hear your own language out in public, though I honestly shouldn't complain. I've been speaking way too much English recently and not enough Spanish.

But I'm sure this will change when my parents get here on monday and I have to translate everything for them (love you guys). Semana santa (the holy week before/including easter) starts this weekend and I can't wait to show my parents around madrid before we head off to barcelona! I just hope they can adjust to the fact that Spanish dinner time is their American bedtime.

That's pretty much it for now. I may or may not be going to Sevilla this weekend, depending on if I can find a hostel and someone to travel with me. I'd love to go back to Andalucia where the weather's even warmer and explore a new town for a few days. We'll see how that works out.

Un abrazo muy fuerte (a very strong hug, or a colloquial way of ending a letter. Go colloquial class!)

No hay comentarios: