domingo, 2 de marzo de 2008

I love the weekend!

Weekends are great for so many reasons. There's the obvious no classes and no homework thing. But it also means I get to have lunch with Pepita and Luis. Luis is adorable and usually forgets half of the things we've talked about before. Fortunately he only forgets the really good things, so every time I tell him that I like football (soccer), he gets really excited. He also can't remember that I'm single. The last time I told him this, he said (in spanish, clearly), "Forget Spain. I'm going to America."

I also get to explore the city in my free time. Thursday night I went to see a play in Spanish, and I pretty much understood nothing, but the spectacle part was cool. Yesterday I rode the teleferico (cable-cars) with my friends Rachel and Annie and got to see some great views of Madrid and one of its parks. Then for dinner I went to this mind-blowing Peruvian and Colombian restaurant. Once our meals came, everybody was just dead silent because we were too busy eating. It was fantastic. And today I got to see the Rastro, Madrid's weekly flea market, which is MASSIVE and kind of overwhelming. Overall I got to see a lot of cool new things this weekend.

Things I forgot to mention in my last post: I've now started an exchange with this guy Anto, who my friend Tatiana did an exchange with when she was in Madrid. It's awesome. We hang out for about an hour and spend the first 30 minutes speaking Spanish and the second 30 minutes speaking English. The second half is almost as hard as the first half- it's really hard to switch from entirely english to entirely spanish so quickly. There were several times he would ask me a question in English and I responded in Spanish. I'm sure I'll get better as we talk more though.

I also started having an English conversation once a week with this 16 year old Maria, whose cousin Pepa is one of the monitores. She's really sweet and awesome and speaks pretty good English. She wants to go see a movie in English sometime, which sounds just fine with me. Also, it's really nice to have a job again.

1 comentario:

JRD dijo...

Everything sounds so awesome over there. If only you had jazz band, your life could be complete!