jueves, 28 de febrero de 2008

Classes, the weather, and other things that are completely ridiculous

Classes work very differently here. For example, I spend a lot more time in class here than back at Vassar. Tuesdays and Thursdays I have 5 hours of class, though for most of April that will jump up to 7 hours of class. But on the bright side, homework here is mostly a joke. I have had no reading to do. None. And I'm used to having to read a chapter or more of a psych textbook for each class period. It's kind of great.

The weather continues to be unseasonably warm. Yesterday I walked around campus in a short -sleeved t-shirt and no jacket. I know global warming's bad but it sure does make winter a lot more tolerable.

I think the Spanish presidential race can also qualify as something that is completely ridiculous. Or not so much the race itself as much as the fact that on Tuesday, José Luis Rodriguez Zapatero, the current Spanish president and incumbent in the race, will be visiting my university. I am going to have a chance to see the Spanish president in person. I think I'm getting more than my money's worth from this program.

And the last ridiculous thing. Yesterday was Melanie's birthday, so we all went out to celebrate. I did not get back until 5 AM and then I had class at 10. Never, never again.

No hay comentarios: