viernes, 8 de febrero de 2008

When She Goes She's Gone

It's almost 3:00 AM over here in Spain, but I wanted to get one more post up before I go to Madrid, where I won't have internet access in my house (at least not at first, though my host family is considering getting it).

Tonight was our good-bye dinner with the monitores, our professors, our tour guide, and the program director and assistant director. It was a wonderful festive meal and we all went out afterwards to a couple bars (yes... with our professors and program director!) and celebrated the past 2 and a half weeks. That's one of the truly incredible things I've learned about Spain during the past few weeks- everything is a celebration. 35 years of military dictatorship and oppression makes you value your freedoms a lot more apparently. This is also the reason why couples are so physical in public, in addition to the typical European PDA. Kissing in public was illegal until the end of the dictatorship in 1975. It's been more than 30 years and people are still making up for lost time.

It's weird to be leaving already, and it was so sad to say good-bye to the monitores. They're all such awesome people and they've made the past two and a half weeks in Granada such an amazing experience.

OK, I should go to bed now so I can form semi-coherent sentences when I meet my host family tomorrow. I'll let you all know how Madrid is going as soon as I find an internet cafe.

Besos

No hay comentarios: